Winter 2014 Anime Wrap Up!
Short, sweet, and to the point =)
*Anime Not Covered Because Still Ongoing:
1 – 4 = Bad
5 – 7 = Good
8 – 10 = Watch It!
- Buddy Complex – This was made by the same people who brought us Valvrave The Liberator. I enjoyed just the first season of Buddy Complex more than I did the entirety of Valvrave. Not that Valvrave wasn’t good, I just liked this better. How they ended this season one can assume that they are definitely working on a second, and I am looking forward to it.
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren – The second season of Chuunibyou was very good. For those who enjoyed the first season you won’t be disappointed by the second. This season took a big step in progressing our main characters relationship, and it was still funny as well.
- D-Frag! – Ah D-Frag!. I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into with this one, but damn I’m glad I did. The hilarity never ended, and I just had a really great time watching it lol. Don’t miss out on this comedy. Hopefully there will be another season.
- Hamatora – It started out well, but ended horribly. Even though this was one of my picks for the season, it turned out pretty bad. I know this because I watched it until the end sadly. The final fight in the anime was pretty anticlimactic, and the ending was just kind of blah. An OVA is needed to explain why the heck they ended it the way they did. I won’t spoil the ending for those who haven’t watched it, but in all honesty you can skip over Hamatora if you haven’t watched it.
- ImoCho – An ecchi comedy which is pretty decent. There are better ecchi comedies out there, but this was an okay watch as well.
- Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha – I really liked this one. A nice light-hearted watch about a Goddess befriending a human, and giving her some of her powers. I love Lady Uka =^_^=
- Magical Warfare – Sounded good, started out good, progressed okay, then failed at the end -_-. A quick look at the description of the anime will have you wondering how something sounding like it, and including Magic and War could fail. But it did. Or I should say the ending failed. I’m guessing that there will be an OVA or a second season to wrap up the “Ending” of the season. If you can call that an ending. Seriously. I don’t even…….
Score: 6 (Still much better than Hamatora lol)
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei – Yes, yes, and more yes. Most will probably or maybe already have passed this over because of the description, but it was really wonderful. A nice light-hearted watch that you can just sit back, and watch.
- Nobunagun – Nobunagun was really fun, and it ended awesomely. I have no complaints about this one. Some nice alien killing action for you. The opening song is great too.
- Noragami – I had a good time with this, and in all honesty could go for a second season. Now that I think of it, one of the characters at the end said something which could’ve been a hint of more to come.
- No-Rin – 10 out of 10, would watch again. Seriously though this was hilarious. Becky, their teacher, is just too awesome lol.
- Saki – The Nationals – Plain and simple, I love this anime. Sometimes I wonder why myself as I don’t even know how to play Mahjong, but it was still alot of fun to watch. As I may have said before, all of the different characters, their personalities, their powers, and playing styles are what make this so great. Another thing I liked is how this season’s story crossed with last season’s a bit. I can’t wait for the next season.
- Sakura Trick – The yuri is strong with this one. Like really strong lol. When I first read the description I didn’t think I was going to be interested. After watching the first episode though it turned out to be similar to YuruYuri, and that’s a good thing. I can say that it turned out to be a favorite of the season.
- Seitokai Yakuindomo Bleep a.ka. Seitokai Yakuindomo* (The Asterisk is part of the title) – My absolute favorite of the Winter 2014 Anime Season. If you’ve watched the first season then I don’t need to tell you why. If you haven’t watched Setokai Yakuindomo at all then what are you waiting for lol. Season 2 is great for both old and newcomers to the series. If you didn’t watch the first season you don’t really have to in order to enjoy the second, but trust me when I say you’ll be glad you did if you do lol.
Score: 10 (Well that was a given lol)
- Sekai Seifuku – Bouryaku no Zvezda – The story may have seemed kinda random at first, but things start to come together later. I really enjoyed watching it.
- Space Dandy – This was pretty good. I mean what do you expect from the director of Cowboy Bebop. It’s getting a second season later this year as well. Episode 5 will forever be my favorite of the first season.
- Super Sonico – THE ANIMATION – Don’t look at me like that lol. Of course I watched Niro+’s Idol Super Sonico and friends. Seriously it wasn’t just a buttload of fanservice though, and it was fun. If you like music and rock idols then give it a watch. Hoping for a second season with this one. I wanna see some Starlight Bellstar rival of Sonico action lol
- The Pilot’s Love Song – This one is a hidden gem as it was really well done. It has a lot of feels in it too so be prepared lol.
- Wake Up, Girls! – Yes I enjoy idol anime sometimes as well. This one seemed to stand out a bit due to the things the girls were put through. I think Wake Up, Girls! was well done, and would watch if they had a second season.
- Witch Craft Works – My second favorite anime of the season. Explosions everywhere lol. One does not simply beat Kagari that easily. It’s never a dull day when your life revolves around witches lol
- ZX IGNITION – It was good and I did enjoy it, but I’m not really sure what to say about ZX lol. I think there is going to be a second season due to how it ended, and that’s okay with me.