Over the weekend I finally beat Killer Is Dead, and a friend and I beat Infamous Second Son. These two reviews will be short and quick because honestly that’s all these games really need. Feel free to comment and ask any other questions if needed.
First off is Infamous Second Son.
GAMEPLAY – 10 Out Of 10 – The gameplay was well done and combat was fast and fluent, but the one flaw is the camera made it difficult to see things sometimes as it took weird angles every now and then.
GRAPHICS – 10 Out Of 10 – The game was very beautiful looking. So good job to them on that.
CONTROLS – 10 Out Of 10 – I had no problem with the controls. Infamous S.S. used all aspects of the controller from sound to touch pad and it wasn’t a problem at all.
STORY – 10 Out Of 10 – Now this is the big one. A 10 for the story because I enjoyed it a lot. The story in this one was much better than the others, and I believe it’s the fact that my motivation in the story felt extremely personal from the very beginning of the game. Another thing I should note is that while some may not agree, becoming Infamous on the moral scale is much more rewarding than than being good. In the other games it seemed like they geared you into being good, but in this one taking the evil route feels right when going through the game. So that’s exactly what my friend and I did.
REPLAY VALUE – 5 Out Of 10 – I don’t really see a point into playing it over again unless you want to take the moral route that you didn’t take first time around, but the powers don’t really seem all that different for the most part. Some conversations and events will play out a bit differently too, but in the end they don’t make THAT much of a difference.
Now on to Killer Is Dead.
GAMEPLAY – 8 Out Of 10 – Combat was very fast paced and full of action, but there didn’t really seem to be any real combos in the game for the most part. Nothing wrong with hacking and slashing away, but in a game like this I just wanted more combos lol.
GRAPHICS – 8 Out Of 10 – Not the best graphics in the world, but you have to remember that this is a Suda game (Suda 51, producer) and it’s supposed to be weird and unique in it’s own style. I enjoyed the graphics either way even if it wasn’t a Suda game.
CONTROLS – 10 Out Of 10 – The controls felt fine so no real complaints here. They were easy to remember and execute when moving around and in combat.
STORY – 5 Out Of 10 – There was a story somewhere in the game, but it was a little hard to follow at times. Basically the gist of it is that the main problem of all the happenings in the game is a guy named David. At the end of the day the name David and Dark Side Of The Moon” are the only things you need to remember. Or you can do the latter and not care about the story, and just play through it destroying everything in your way until the sum everything up towards the end lol
REPLAY VALUE – 2 Out Of 10 – Two out of 10 only because there are some unlocks once you beat the game for the first time, and you may want to beat the game on another difficulty setting.
Infamous Second Son was pretty bad ass and a lot of fun to go through and overall I give it an 8 out of 10. As one of the few PS4 games out there right now, I’d pick it up and give it a go.
While fun and unique Killer Is Dead could’ve done better with the story. It kind of makes me feel bad that such great characters went to waste as the game didn’t really pull out their full potential. I liked our characters in the game and would like to see more of them in another game with a better story.
Just wanted to leave an update on a few things.
- Dark Souls 2 Review – Finished, and have to type it up.
- Senran Kagura: Burst Review – Also finished, and just have to type it up.
Now for the games:
- Currently playing FATE/EXTRA (PSP Game) which I’m half way through.
- Conception II is next on the list to be played
- After Conception II its on to Demon Gaze
PS3: Ugh. Kinda backlogged on the PS3 lol, but here’s what I’m playing on it at the moment. No real kind of order for the PS3 games by the way lol:
- Drakengard 3 (Going to finish the rest of the games on the list and get to this as soon as I can. D3 was my most anticipated game for the year so far, and I wanna play it dammit =P)
- Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII (In progress, but towards the end of the game)
- Killer Is Dead (Yeah….. I’m gonna beat this one soon and get it out of the way. This one has been backlogged way too long lol)
- Tales Of Graces F (Don’t look at me like that. I know this should’ve been done already lol)
- Akiba’s Trip (Have this one pre-ordered, and looking forward to playing it in all its awesomeness lol)
- Time and Eternity (Yup, finally going to open it up and play it. Don’t let the other reviews influence you by the way. I’ve talked to quite a few people because I wanted to be sure, and some say that it’s not super horrible as some say it is)
- Pretty much just playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn (This is what takes up most of my time by the way lol)
- Blade & Soul (Whenever the Hell it gets localized lol)
- Black Desert (They are already looking for an Eastern publisher for it so it shouldn’t take too long to be localized. Black Desert will be at E3 this year)
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (I also play it on PS4 too)
- Other than FFXIV………
- I guess Destiny, but that’s not till this Fall
- Bravely Default (But in no rush to really play it. Not that it’s not a good game, but just feel eh right now about it lol)
And there you have it. Lots of stuff lol. Regular posts will continue as well =)
It sucks lol. Anyway, the games I’m currently playing are:
Lightning Returns – About half way through the game (50%)
Tales Of Graces F – Like 85% complete
Killer Is Dead – 90% (Was playing this together with friend. We haven’t hung out in a while so I put this on hold lol)
Senran Kagura Burst – I already beat the Hanzo side with 100%, and have been playing the Heijibo side which I am 70% complete with. So this will be done soon.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – Looking forward to the 2.2 Leviathan update soon =)
Aura Kingdom – It may not be the best MMO, but it’s fun to play every now and then lol
I’ll do another post about the games I have yet to start, the games I have bought recently, and the games I will be buying or have on pre-order soon.
Summer is only a short way away!
Suda 51 does it again! Known for his previous games Killer 7 & The No More Heroes series, comes Killer Is Dead which is going to be released later this year. Here is a nice English Trailer for you all. Really looking forward to this game.
Killer Is Dead is slated to come out later this year in all regions but hits Japan first this summer. Either way here is a nice trailer to hold you over till then.